Monday, July 9, 2007

Nostalgia

I'd love to write pages and pages about this particular feeling. Nostalgia is one such feeling you would feel when you depart somebody or recall somebody after missing them or the strange feeling which pains you when you come across places you've been very dear with in the past, while listening to your once favorite music, and what not! One can be nostalgic in every way.

Nostalgia for me is as sweet a pain as love, though I haven't experienced so called 'love'. It's awful to undergo nostalgia although you would admit you still do not want to do away with that. One such feeling which takes you back to your past and makes you relish those thoughts. Though the days become old, the memories stay still afresh.

In this nostalgia I'd like to write about a few favorite tracks of mine which would make my heart throbbing. It was the time I joined a college for my graduation. I lived with my friends in a rusty place. Then was released a movie which went on to become a biggest hit of that year. Those days you would invariably find that music being played in everybody's rooms, in every commercial space and in every auto. Though that music hasn't impressed me as it had a few others, it was a fresh music to listen to. I'd pay heed to those songs if not very keenly. And lately, I came across somebody playing that music. The feeling which I underwent was terrible. I couldn't think of anything else, for sometime my heart's beat went awry. Though I haven't enjoyed the music very well in the old days, but the music has brought along the memories with that. Those good old times flashed across my mind so fresh that I had regretted for missing those days.

All I'd like to say is, nostalgia might not be directly related to the things which had happened sometimes ago in our lives. It could be something else, could be something which we would not like. But those things always bring us fond memories. And those memories are with us forever.

5 comments:

sandy said...

Yes..ur right .. i too beleive that everybody would be experiencing this feeling .. NOSTALGIA..in someway or the other.....good work..

rajendar medishetty said...

mama chala baga rasavu ra..
gr88...

Chinnapa Reddy Y said...

It was indeed well written, in fact I must admit he has well elaborated about NOSTALGIA. And moreover, I was inevitably gone to my B-Tech days once again while was reading his impeccable narration. Thanx Dillu for recollecting all those glorious days once again through your crispy anecdote. Hope, you would come with more and do elate us.

Chaithu'sViews said...

Even though i didn't all your message, i understood your feeling. The way you expessed it was really nice ra... Also i appritiate your initiative in creating the bolg, which i suppose can inspire so many.... Have a wonderfulDAY

Sunil Kumar said...

Those memories will be with us forever